Monday, August 27, 2018

Joy

It's been a long while since I've posted.
I've had the most amazing holiday and I'm excited to relive it here on my blog. I may be the only one who reads it, and that's okay. There are things I learned along this journey that I must be reminded of again and again.

The first, quite simply, is this quote I found just before we left.

"It's ridiculous how much joy a moment can hold."-anonymous 

No truer words have been spoken.

We arrived on time to the airport. We dropped our bags and got through security lickety-split.
Earlier in the week, I had learned our dear friends from Spain were flying into the exact same airport we were departing from. Surely there had to be a way to at least wave to them from the baggage claim!
I was so bummed when we found out there really wasn't an opportunity for us to greet each other because of time constraints.
I secretly hoped and prayed their flight would get delayed and we would be able to see them yet.

Well, guess what?
Serendipity prevailed!

We only got a moment, but what a joyful one it was. 
I couldn't stop smiling. I smiled when I saw them, I smiled when they left. I smiled when I boarded the plane. I smiled as the plane engines hummed me to sleep.

I knew my holiday was going to be a good one if only I dared to believe amazing things could happen.

I had just learned exactly how much joy one moment could hold.
I love you my dear friends, Paula and Antonio. You hold a special place in my heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment