Monday, January 21, 2019

Eating out

Pubs in the UK.
Each one unique in their own way. Most are like entering your own dining room and all have a cozy feel to them.
Take the George, for instance.
A pub our innkeepers highly recommended.
An inviting sign as we peered inside.
"My kind of place." I winked at my hubby.

"I'm guessing we're staying," he replied.

He knows me.
We could have taken a spot at the picnic tables outside, but opted for inside instead.

 See what I mean? Homey.

  Warm and welcoming.
Melt in your mouth, amazing. And the oil and vinegar...WOW.
The bread was obviously homemade and just the right warmth. We had seconds!
Just the right amount of food. England has the portion control thing figured out. We could learn from them.
The George. I highly recommend.
I try to find places such as this pub where I live here in the states. I'm not a fan of chain restaurants. My goal is to always eat somewhere warm and inviting. They're out there. You just have to look a little harder here in America. Eating out just takes a bit of strategic planning and a desire to not just eat, but have an experience while dining.   

No comments:

Post a Comment