Thursday, October 17, 2019

Acclimating

After enduring long lines at the airport, we buckled our food encrusted seat belts (I wish I was kidding) and settled in.  It was a full flight with a few screaming kids seated near the back of the plane. Lucky for us, we sat closer to the front.

No, we didn't have a seat in First Class. I wish. Once in my life I'm going to fly First Class. This was not that flight. The flight attendant disappeared behind the curtain and pulled it shut. Might as well have shouted, "Stay out." Yep. We were that close.

We sat on the tarmac and waited for a few straggler passengers who decided to take their time getting on the plane. Still trying to figure out how a full plane of people managed to get to the gate in plenty of time and somehow, two, yes two people persuaded the flight crew to wait at least another ten minutes for them to board. I wish I had that much clout.

The door closed, the engines revved, and we were airborne. Soon we were gifted pop and pretzels. I opened my tray table only to gag over a mysterious yellow colored substance smeared in the upper right corner. I stowed it back in place and never touched it again. I couldn't wait to get off the germ infested tube. Don't you wonder if planes are ever deep cleaned? Gives me the willies just thinking about it.

We landed at Logan Airport in Boston. Hubby talked me into only a carry on, so we didn't have to wait for bags. I loved traveling light. Turns out nobody really cares if I wear mascara or not.

I was so happy to be on the road breathing fresh air.
We stopped a bit along the way to take in the color. It was spectacular.
So much fun stopping at no chain restaurants. YUM! Best chai tea I had the entire trip!
The fun is just beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment