Monday, January 5, 2015

An unexpected gift

Such great joy to receive something totally unexpected isn't it.
This past week, my dear friends gifted me with this lovely tea cozy.
Yvonne made this!  
I absolutely love it.
She knows how much I love tea and also Downton Abbey!  The fabric on the outside  is from the Dowager Countess Collection, and the inside from Lady Sybil's Collection.
The colors are so engaging.
It came hand delivered by her husband John in this delightful bag...
I have wasted no time using it.
New Years Day, we had friends over for a brunch.  The cozy made a grand entrance.
Tea was served along with this delicious meal...
What a great way to start the New Year.
The cozy knew its part with the dress rehearsal out of the way at this breakfast.
You see, the Main Event happened last evening with the beginning of a new season of Downton Abbey.
Yvonne states, "You must have it before the theme song begins!"  And indeed, I was ready!  The tea was poured and the next cup keeping warm in the cozy!

So begins the start of the booking of my Sunday evenings!
That Thomas Barrow...what a deceitful young man he is!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment