Thursday, January 15, 2015

In pencil

Reaching into my mailbox I pulled out the pieces.  It was dark and cold and I just wanted to get back into my car!    
I paid no attention to the contents and just shoved them in my purse and drove into the garage.  
Hungry and ready to relax, I unwrapped my scarf, zipped off my coat, and started my nightly routine.

After about an hour, I thought of the mail.
Collecting it, I found an envelope.
A long white one with real handwriting.

Who could it be from?

I slipped my finger under the seal and ripped it open.
Inside was this delightful letter from one of the girls I mentor.
Written on a sheet of notebook paper, she had  script  it in pencil.

I could tell she used an eraser.  Can't you just smell the sharpened pencil and see the crumbs the eraser makes?
She asked a favor.  I am tickled she asked me.
She has no idea what this means to me.
I do believe I am getting much more out of this mentoring gig than the girls are.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment