Monday, September 14, 2015

Teacups and a pen

What do teacups and pens  have in common?

Nothing  you say?  Hmmmm...read on.

The pen. It used to be about just one.  A very significant pen given to me by a very important person in my world.   A chance encounter meeting  him and his better half that has led to trips outside the USA, dinners, walks, talks, and field trips to museums.  Basically, endless fun with two souls who mean so much to my family.      
    He gave me that blue one in the photo six years ago.  Surprised me with it on holiday in England.  A gift that I have used ever since.  NOONE uses that pen but me.  It has great sentimental value to me.  I would be devastated if I ever lost it.  I use it constantly.
Truly, it is a prized possession.  Until yesterday.
Same guy, different pen.  The first one was bought and I LOVE IT.   This one--he MADE.  And the truly unbelievable thing?  He made it for ME!  Me.  I am humbled.  I can't even describe it. First one he has ever made, and he made it for me.  I was the first one he thought of.    His fingerprints  all over it, touching it, crafting it--ALL FOR ME!  I think the blue one just got bumped!  Someday I want to be a published author.  He, along with his soulmate Yvonne, believe I can do it.  And so I write.  I have two pens to remind me to Keep Calm and Write On!!!

  My happy day!  Yesterday I got a pen made just for me, and I got to spend the day with friends.  Marvelous friends!  Marion (in the middle) is from England!  And that is my dear friend Yvonne on the right.  In MY HOME!!!  YAY for me!!

A tea cup just for me ALL THE WAY from England!   ( Oh--and the magazine in the below picture too!)   Can't wait to read all about the queen!  Thank you so much Marion.   THEN, I have this fun friend in Spain.  My friends hand delivered this tea cup from her to me.  ALL THE WAY FROM SPAIN.  For ME!  I am overwhelmed.  

What do a pen and teacups have in common?  Friendship.  I am rich and blessed with friends who love me and cherish life and the gift of friendship.   Every time I write and have a cup of tea, I will think of each of these friends who help me to grow and enjoy my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment