Thursday, September 10, 2015

Trolley

So, do you live near an area  tourists navigate to?

Recently, cousins from North Carolina came to see us.  We discussed where to take them and what to do.
Stillwater, MN came to mind.
I go there every week to climb the famous steps for my workout. I forget just how many people travel from distant states and countries to take in  the historic town.

A trolley meanders through the village telling stories of bygone days.  Embarrassed to say, we have never ridden it!  What better chance than with out of town guests!
And so we did!
Isn't this a great shot of the bridge and the scenic river?
The trolley bell dings,  cruisin' down the many streets that lead to bed and breakfasts in town.  We oohed and aaahed at the site of them all.

 We just may have to stay a night!
This is perhaps my favorite landmark  in all of Stillwater.  A privately owned gingerbread home!  I never tire looking at it.  See that sidewalk in the picture?  The steps I climb are just down past the trees.     My reward for climbing them is a glimpse at this house each time I get to the top!  So worth the effort.

If you get the chance, ride the trolley.  You may even get a peek at where the actress,  Jessica Lange , used to own a home.    


No comments:

Post a Comment