Thursday, March 3, 2016

Observations while on holiday

My throat is scratchy,  laundry is piled, my brain is on overload, and I'm in need of sleep.  I've just returned from holiday in Florida. I won't bore you with all I did, but thought you might enjoy a few glimpses.

First observation:  Have you ever wondered if those germ infested tubes ever get sanitized?
  I'm thinking not!  Like, maybe never?  This is the view out my window seat. Eeeeeewww! And, I'm thinking not a single Clorox wipe has  swiped  one of those trays in at least a week--maybe even a month. I wonder what would happen if someone hurled...okay..I'm done!

A cold isn't the only thing I caught. Look at the sunset--MAJESTIC, isn't it...

What a dump, huh?  This is where I got to spend 5 days, holed up with like-minded new friends who love to write even more than I do. A writers retreat by the ocean. Not a bad gig! The only time the TV came on was when a group of us had to watch  the latest episode of Downton Abbey!   My brain is mush from all that I learned. Mostly though, grace abounds. I am grateful for the moments I spent with such kindhearted individuals.  Joy is all around. Just sit back and observe.  It's there. Be awake to see it.
Florida has the best KEY LIME PIE. I inhaled this piece. So good!
Two red flags=NO SWIMMING. Could also be interpreted...we are so NOT in control.  Those waves touched the top of the pier! We never tired of watching as the waves slapped the shore. It was as if  each lap dared us to just try to surf inside its massive space.

It is so good to get away, but like Dorothy would say..."There's No Place Like Home."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment