Thursday, July 21, 2016

My Peeps

In many Thursday posts to come, I will be reliving my holiday in Spain. It was magical.  By writing, I get to travel back and vacation  all over again.

Here we go...
I know its kind of a funny picture, but this was me the whole trip. Fully engaged. Present.  I smelled every flower (they were so fragrant), heard the sound of the waves crashing , felt the hot sun, and tasted the most amazing almonds I have ever had. (By the way Paula, I need some more of them-wink wink!)  

Before I can tell you what we did, I need to introduce you to my traveling companions.
This is John. If I hadn't met him, I wouldn't have met his wife, Yvonne (next photo!). Because of John and Yvonne, I met my wonderful England friends,  Marion and Alan (John's sister and brother in law.) And then, John and Yvonne have these lovely friends in Spain. Antonio and Paula. This fairy tale started in the dental office where I work. Because I talked to John, these angelical  people are a part of my life.

Life NIKE lesson here..."Just do it!" TALK TO PEOPLE! You never know. You  could end up on a jet plane headed to England and Spain!   Who knew!!
My girls. Marion, Me, Yvonne and Paula. 3 countries represented in this photo! WOW! I just now figured that out!  Ha! England, America and Spain. We are so awesome!!
Marion and Alan are from my happy place-England!
Antonio and Paula. Doesn't Paula look like Marilyn Monroe? Seriously.  She came down into the lobby and the first thing I said was, "Hey, you look like Marilyn Monroe!" All she needed was the fan to lift the dress!  

Antonio was our tour guide extraordinaire! He is fabulous. We would have NEVER been able to do all the things we did in Spain had it not been for Paula and Antonio. He is a for real tour guide! We got to sit back and enjoy all of this trip because he was our fearless leader. Who knows the food that would have been delivered to my table if they hadn't interpreted the menu for me! They kept my tummy full of delicacies. Oh, and one time, I saw this woman wearing the cutest pair of pants. I said to Paula, "Can you tell her I love the pants she is wearing?" She proceeded.  No, I didn't speak the language, but smiles and laughter ensued. Kindness doesn't need interpreting! That was really a fun moment.

Yvonne and I. I wuv her.
Hubby, Paula and John. "I think I can, I think I can!" It was a steep hill!  

 These people hold the key to my heart.
Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment