Thursday, November 24, 2016

Giving Thanks

Did you know we take about 23,000 breaths a day? I bet you don't even think about one of those breaths over the course of your day. Sadly, most days I know I don't. SIGH.

How many times a day do we go to our faucet,  turn on the water and a full stream actually comes out! There are plenty of places in the world where this never happens.

What's your favorite food? Chocolate? Pizza? Here in this country we have a smorgasbord to choose from.

Have you thought much about that warm bed you just rolled out of this morning?

Last night, I went to a Thanksgiving service with my family. I was reminded of all the "simple" things I take for granted every single day.

This past week I have learned of absolute heartache going on in the lives of people all around me. Things I can't believe people are actually dealing with. This is the stuff of movies...not real life. But, it is their life. And it's real, yet they somehow manage to get out of bed in the morning.

I am a strong believer in faith. But, I have to be honest. I'm not sure how I would deal with at least one of those heartaches. I hope I would pray. Alot. I hope I would give thanks for today.  Today is a gift. It's all we've got. I don't want to waste it, or any others I am so lavishly given.

Today is Thanksgiving. May I live my life like every day is Thanksgiving.

Enjoy your day today. Live it fully. Be grateful for those gathered around the table. For pumpkin pie with lots of homemade whipped topping. For table games.

For those 23,000 breaths you get to breathe today.      


No comments:

Post a Comment