Monday, June 10, 2019

Real life

There's no place like home.

When people ask me where I live, I smile and respond, "The Cotswolds."
It's true. I do. And yep, I get some pretty strange looks. One even asked me, "You do realize you live in America, right?"
That was a fun conversation.

Anyway, I've been away. And it was idyllic. Fabulous. Amazing. Beyond wonderful.
I've been in Kauai and Maui.
So much to share, but it's Monday. England blogs. And even though I was in Hawaii and had an amazing holiday, England was never far from my mind.

While on holiday, my one rule comes into play right away. NO CHAIN EATING. EVER.
I eat so much better while on holiday than I ever do in my every day life. I've vowed to change that. There are so many great eateries near where I live and I hardly ever frequent them.
Well, not anymore. New season. New rules.
This is a quick photo while in Kauai. You're looking at THE BEST CHAI TEA I HAVE EVER HAD. EVER. And that's saying something because I love chai tea.
We found this little breakfast nook after a hair raising hike. (More on that later.)
Again...it's about the little things in life. Finding food and drink that is worth the calories!
How simple. I had this for my dinner at a pub in England.
I now have this quite frequently here at home.
You get the idea. Fresh, organic food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment