Monday, May 4, 2020

English Gardens

This morning I was out weeding and tending my garden.
It's in need of some major TLC.

I won't bother showing you. Let's just say it suffers in comparison to the English Gardens I've been privileged to see.

Here. Let me show you.
This is Kensington Gardens. I walked around the entire thing with my mouth gaped open.
Lovely brilliance of color. Remember, this is the place in which Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced their engagement.
The White Garden at Kensington Palace was planted to remember Princess Diana on the 20th Anniversary of her death. I so wish I could have been able to see that garden. I would have looked for the white Forget-Me-Nots, which were her favorite flower.

Luckily there is a You Tube available to see it through the lens of the gardeners.
Just look up The White Garden at Kensington Palace if you'd like to view.

More? Off we go.
Daisies. These are my favorite. Just in case you wanted to know.
I sat on that bench and read a book. Oh to be able to sit there again today.
This garden was amazing. I viewed it nightly and I swear I could see the blooms spring to life each morning from the window at the bed and breakfast where we stayed. Lucky, I know. I shalt not ever forget. 
If I lived in England, I'd be a gardener. What a joyful way to spend your days.

What's your favorite flower?





1 comment:

  1. I was blessed to visit England in 2009 - the Cotswolds, Oxford, London, Bath, and so many more places. We stayed in Bristol most of the time. A trip I'll never forget. During our time in Oxford, we did a CS Lewis tour. It was fascinating. A lovely country! Such wonderful memories. Thank you for the trip down memory lane this afternoon. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete