Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Post Christmas

I continue to be astounded by the events in Connecticut.  I should not be.  Evil is all around us.  Webster defines evil as:  morally wrong or bad; wicked. Harmful, unfortunate; disastrous.  Evil intention.  Injury.
Why am I surprised by this?  After all it does say in John 16:33, "in this world you will have trouble."not if or maybe.  Will.

Perhaps it is because children were involved.  Defenseless, innocent lives.  
I take great comfort in the verse in 2 Corinthians 4:16.  "do not lose heart..we are renewed day by day..for this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, we look not on what is seen, but what cannot be seen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal."

At Christmas, I was reminded of what I believe:

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth.  I believe in Jesus Christ, his only son, our lord.  He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.  He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.  He descended into hell (the grave)
On the third day he rose again.  He ascended into Heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the father.  He will come again to judge the living and the dead.  I believe in the holy spirit, the holy catholic church the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.AMEN.

Christmas was wonderful.  I got to be with family.  We played a great new game that made us laugh and have memories.  We had to put 5 nouns apiece in a box, and had to act them out...girls against the guys.  Very funny.  My name got in the mix about 3 times and each time, it was guessed quickly...they mimicked my mannerisms and won every time.  Hmmmmmm.....we ate too much and laughed lots.  I am grateful.
My babes know how to get to my heart.  I got a blanket with pictures of them all over it.  I cried.  No surprise there!
I was given Turkish delight this year.  A gift that is quite labor intense.  It is the sweet temptation that overwhelmed Edmund in the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe...evil....the white witch.  Thanks for the time investment Pam.  It is very much appreciated.

I hope you all had a joyous Christmas.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, the Apostle's Creed! Lovely! I hope you had a wondrous Christmas service. And Turkish Delight! There's something mystical about rose water, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete