Friday, March 22, 2013

Kayla Gail Helgeson

"Watch the girl on the far right.  Who is that?  Even if she misses a serve, she is always smiling.  I have watched her the last couple of games and she is the epitome of good sportsmanlike behavior."

I wanted to turn around while sittng there in the bleachers watching Kayla play volleyball  and say "that's my baby girl," but instead just relished in the fact that she simply is a wonderful human being...and people notice!

She has a beautiful white smile and oh the hair..yep, she has epic hair!  Long, curly, full brown hair.  She loves her hair! 

Mid morning, 23 years ago today, i became her mommy.  She came kicking and screaming, ready to live out loud.  The details will remain in my  heart as i know she is going to read this post!
Full of life she is!  She charms a room the moment she enters, much like the day she was born! 

I hated the day when she was swallowed up by the big yellow bus, knowing that was the start of letting her go.  She has big aspirations that I know will take her far from me, but right now, I love that she is here with us, finishing her degree in accounting.  We get to laugh with her..that laugh is infectious.  She has her friends over and we just stand at the top of the stairs laughing ourselves just listening to her!.... and frown at her when she leaves her stuff all over the house!  Ha Ha...she is almost perfect!   

She loves to tell her younger brother what to do...he never listens!  And she is generous with her friends and family. 
I could go on and on about this child of mine.  She is full of class, and heart, and soul, and funny, and strong willed, and determined.  I love this child with all my heart and soul. 

Happy birthday to our baby girl.          

No comments:

Post a Comment