Saturday, March 9, 2013

Mark Alton Helgeson


Today our sweet boy turns 20.  
Details of his childhood have been visiting my memory all week. 
His birth, (I will stay mute on those details...he may be reading this post!), camping trips, family holiday traditions, and vacations have all taken up residency in my mind. 

He has a bucket list.  I was impressed when I first saw it in his dorm room. Just hanging there, open, for all to read.   He has a knack for influencing those around him by just merely being himself.
He doesn't care much about what others think.  Never has. 

His list is vast.  From traveling to far off places such as Patagonia, to having another dog someday.  Losing his beloved dog Lucky was hard on all of us.  All a part of life's journey.  The ride is made sweeter as along the way, one by one, the dreams get to become reality.  Skydiving and climbing HalfDome have already been put in the cherished memory bank. 
With the guidance of the ultimate dream maker--God Almighty, the Great I Am--Oh The Places You'll Go!

Happy birthday sweet child of mine. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for sharing this post about your son - it is clear that you love him deeply.

    We met last night at the MN NICE meeting. I'm the one who doesn't live too far from you. I would love to subscribe to your blog, but I can't find a button or a spot to enter my email to subscribe. Am I missing it? (I'm more familiar with Wordpress blogs.)

    I'm signing this under my pen name; I do all my writing life under it even if that seems silly. It helps me keep a ring of privacy around me and my family...for when I get so famous in the future you know! :)

    Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete