Monday, January 13, 2014

Lime Tree Hotel, London

Months  before leaving for the UK, I had made reservations at an establishment while we were staying in London.  For reasons I can't explain, I decided to just look at our accommodations online and checkout the reviews a few weeks before we departed.   The internet sure makes it so much easier to read others opinions and tales of places they have stayed.  In our case, the reviews mattered.  I might add...they mattered a whole lot.  So much so that the word "bedbugs" freaked me out and took me about two seconds to cancel the reservations!   I didn't really care if it was even true.  I was sold.  No way was I staying! 
Looking for other arrangements, I found The Lime Tree Hotel.  I made my inquiries and hoped they had room at their Inn!  I was in America, and they in the UK.  There was a time change difference, so I wouldn't know until the next day if we had a chance! 
I sure hoped so.  It looked so quaint and wonderful and homey.  ALL of the reviews were excellent.  This place looked magnificent. 
I awoke with our answer.  We were in! 

It was all I had hoped it would be and WAY more.  It was clean and inviting and the owners were very hospitable.  The attention to detail was evident in every room.  There were fresh flowers, a garden out back, and friendly staff.  Every morning we had a mouthwatering English breakfast ready for us as we made our way into their dining area. 
How divine it was to tour London, and be able to come back to such generous and relaxing lodging to lay our head each night.   We worried about absolutely nothing while staying here.  We were pampered and most definitely will stay here when London calls us again.  The reviews highly recommended it, and so do we!    Have a look for yourself at www.limetreehotel.co.uk/
 
Is there a favorite place that you have stayed that you would recommend?  I want to know! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment