Monday, November 23, 2015

"Finding Myself in Britain"


If you look in the dictionary for the definition of ANGLOPHILE, you just might see a photo of me on the page.

Anglophile:  A person who admires England, its people, and its culture.

Any book  with a reference to England lands on my bookshelf.  I found this one  quite entertaining.   The cover  screams, "pick me, pick me" with the silhouette about to land in a cuppa.
One click, and the book was mine.  I just had to wait for it to cross the pond.

It was worth the Royal mail wait.

I am now friends with the author. She is from Minnesota, USA.  Like the cover states, she has found herself in Britain.  She lives there with her family.

This book is full of England! If you've ever pondered the differences between America and England, this book answers  those questions in great detail. Parts of this book made me laugh so hard I thought I would pee my pants!  Yep--that funny!  (Read Chapter 11 first!)

Amy writes about the day Diana died, Rain, Rain, Go Away... School Days, Queuing and other British Sports, just to name a few chapters.

Even if you are not an anglophile, I highly recommend this book.

With my writer friend http://julieklassen.com/ snapping a photo with Amy's book.

Click here to learn more about Amy.
http://www.amyboucherpye.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment