Thursday, November 19, 2015

On Holiday

Somewhere, I read a list of  countries that maximize leisure time.
Brazil, United Kingdom, Denmark, Germany, Spain. They all made the poll.
No surprise, the United States did not.

Americans work way too much. Sad really.  There is much to see and do.

Last week, I had the privilege of making deposits in the memory bank.

Any guesses where we went?
 Yep. Cancun, Mexico.  Check out the water.  Yes, it really is that blue. And the sand...aah, the sugar like sand. I was reminded that time, like the sand sifting through my fingers, slips away. Moments like these don't last forever. They are here, and then they are gone.  The week flew by. Here is a glimpse of what we experienced.
 Isn't he cute?  A baby sea turtle. We came at the right time of year. Around 400 turtles hatched and we got to help them find their way to the sea! Keep on swimming,  Flipper!
Here is a big group of us letting our turtles go!
Tulum.  There is an incredible amount of history in Mexico.
We took a Mexican cooking class!  Mexican coffee and churros greeted us when we arrived. YUM!
Hubby and our dear friend Yvonne making salsa.  Turned out pretty good!

CRICKETS!

And yes, I really did eat a few!
One day we took the ferry across to an island. Here we are having lunch with our dear friends, John and Yvonne. Well, the three of them had lunch.  I had my cake and ate it too!  Delicious! We rented a golf cart and tootled around the island.

This view waited for us at the end of the island.  WOW!

I have one word that I focus on each year.  This year it is BELIEVE.  Found my word  this day!

I read 4 books on the trip!

I was walking through a small museum.  Found these  words.

I know I am blessed beyond measure.  I am grateful for every breath I take. Life. It's a beautiful thing. Don't waste a day. Enjoy all that God has so lavishly given.

I love the group One Republic.
Especially their song, I LIVED.

Click and really listen to the lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0rxydSolwU


No comments:

Post a Comment