Monday, September 26, 2016

Sailing


In my last Monday blog, I wrote about Susan Branch and the fact that she sailed across the pond with England as her destination.
Here is her latest post if you care to take a look. She is now in England! I am living vicariously through her these days!
http://www.susanbranch.com/

I couldn't help but think of that voyage this past weekend. Hubby and I went sailing on a real sailboat!
More on this in a later blog, but my point here is this. Adventure awaits on the high seas. You can travel by plane, train, car or boat. Clearly there are many who have no problem sailing the seas. This captain took him and his family (wife and two girls) across the Atlantic on this sailboat. Yes, it took 25 days to get there, but they managed quite nicely. I'm still in awe of the whole thing.
Made me come home and look closer at the Queen Mary 2 and that bucket list checklist.

The dream is waiting. Check out the website below. I would love to have afternoon tea on board. AND get this...there is a HUGE library. The largest at sea! How wonderful.

http://www.cunard.com/cruise-ships/queen-mary-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment