Thursday, September 1, 2016

Devoted

I read Our Daily Bread as part of my devotions. Imagine my surprise when my September, October, November issue arrived with a picture of Spain on the cover!
Brought me right back to memories of my summer adventure in Cordoba.
 I was there! In Cordoba! So much fun to see a photo of a far away land and get to say, "I was there!"
I had such a lovely time.  Here I am all warm and full. Full of joy and food!  So content.
This is the bridge I am standing on in the above photo.

Another reason I was so happy...Paula came to our rescue. A pickpocket lady was about to make her move on us! She had a sidekick with her to distract me. A little child. How rude! Well, she didn't get any of our money! We had Paula. She shooed her away! Whew! Sneaky, but there's no foolin' us!
A super splendid educational thing we did in Cordoba was visit The Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba. All I can say is WOW.
"The Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba is one of the most unique monuments in the world. It has borne witness to a millenary alliance of art and faith."      (a quote inside the brochure I have.)

The detail in this cathedral is awe inspiring. You must see it for yourself. Pictures just can't possibly do it justice.
Yep. A must see.
We did a lot of walking in Spain. Good exercise. Gave me a chance to really look around. Observe my surroundings. I loved Flower Street. How simple to paint a pot blue and plant flowers inside! Gorgeous. Simply divine.
 The hotel we stayed at in Cordoba. I highly recommend it! Wonderful place.
I got to crash a wedding party on the roof of the hotel! You can barely see, but this is me having a photo taken with the beautiful bride!
  A lovely time was had in Cordoba. Made possible by our lovely hosts, Antonio and Paula.  Blowing kisses your way you two! All our love.


No comments:

Post a Comment