Thursday, December 22, 2016

Double Dose

Crowded stores trying your patience? Slow drivers maybe?
How about the dude who stole your parking spot?

This time of year can bring its own set of stress triggers. I get it. Trust me.

A few days ago, I was doing dishes. Shocker, I know. I actually did the dishes! Anyway...
Didn't take long and POOF! The water stopped running. Not good. Not good at all. No water meant no toilet. UGH. This was very bad! Long story short. I called my brother in law (hubby wasn't home.) He assessed the situation and determined a switch was bad and fixed it. Just like that. (I just snapped my finger!) In an instant, I had water again.
Was it stressful? Yep. I could have been looking at thousands of dollars to fix our well. But, even if we had to, all would have been okay. You see, I have my family. I also have marvelous friends, a job, a home, a warm bed. WATER. I have everything I need.

I'm hearing story after story this holiday season of deep distress. Epic suffering. This time of year it's not always a wonderful life.

Take a look at this video. It will help keep things in perspective. This story  takes on  whole new meaning as these people happen to be loved ones of a friend.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/12/19/payton-family-gofundme/

No comments:

Post a Comment