Thursday, December 15, 2016

The significance of dates

December 15, 2008

The day my mother died.

I've spent a lot of energy this week wondering what could have been. What should have been.

"We all come from a dysfunctional family because there are people in them. Whatever my upbringing was, it is now my baggage. Get help, get rid of it, or it becomes bitterness."
                                                                                           - Dave Ramsey

I've looked through old journals amazed at some of my insights throughout the years.

" ...my journals tell a long and dreary story of never ending bitterness and ugly emotion..."

My word for 2017 is TRANSFORMATION. As I read through my journals, a phrase I wrote years ago gave me pause.

"My mother did the best she could with what she knew how." 

I can't begin to explain the significance of these 12 words. Transformation is a heavy word.

Remember the significance of dates in the lives of those around you. Is someone quiet or edgy on a particular day? Give grace. You never know if that certain day is their notable one.
It's not always about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment