Monday, January 23, 2017

Rachel

My friend Rachel is in Limerick, Ireland.
She's a sophomore in college and is studying abroad.

Here is a link to her web page...

https://livinginlimerickblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/23/orientation-week/


Rachel has been gone for just over a week and according to photos on Facebook, she's smitten. One photo reminded me of a scene in the movie, P.S. I Love You. Holly, the main character, is ambling through the countryside in Ireland enjoying the view. The setting is breathtaking.

Like "Holly," Rachel is radiating pure joy. In one photo, the sea is licking the cliffs behind her. Kind of reminded me of when I was in Beachy Head, England.
I think of Rachel often. How fortunate she is to be in another country at such an early age. She has the travel bug. Her view of life has expanded  by taking the risk and saying YES to broaden her horizons. I am thrilled for her.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment