Thursday, May 11, 2017

Friends Forever

Pen and paper are my favorite way to communicate. Throughout my day, I think of who I can write a letter to when I get home in the evening. Sometimes someone pops into my head right away, while others take a little pondering.

Imagine my joy when I opened my mailbox a few days ago and a pink envelope was waiting patiently inside. I've got mail! And it's the good kind of mail. A letter. A real handwritten letter! I squealed with joy and ripped it open right there in front of my mailbox!

I love receiving letters. Especially when they are from dear friends who I don't get to see very often.
I'm still smiling! You see, this letter crossed the ocean to land in my hands all the way from Spain!
 I know my forever friend picked this card just for me. She knows how much I love tea!
This is Paula. Our happy friendship started in Spain last year. She is lovely in every way. So kind and giving, extremely positive and full of life. I take great joy in knowing I can hop on a plane and she would be waiting with much excitement to greet me!
 Don't you love her handwriting! I cherish this letter! 4 pages of Paula catching me up on her life. Oh, it's the best to have treasured friendships.
After I read her letter, I spent some time back in Spain! Wink wink! (In pictures!) I wish I was there right now!
Olive trees are everywhere.  I never tired of gazing at their silver leaves.
Yep, I found a few swans in Spain. I can still hear the crunch of pebbles beneath my feet as I crossed the bridge.
Beautiful flowers in blue pots hung everywhere. Flowers in Spain are breathtaking.
See what I mean!

Oh, I hope you have a forever friend in a land far away. Being apart is hard, but oh the joy when you finally get to embrace again one day. In the meantime, write! It's a wonderful way to stay in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment