Thursday, May 18, 2017

Torrential rains

It's a little early in the season, but wow, we are experiencing some pretty intense weather patterns here in the mid west. I snapped this photo of our backyard. It doesn't look like it, but the skies were ominous.

Not long after, rain poured from the heavens.  We're talking buckets and buckets.  Our gutters were overflowing, so guess what? I had to grab a ladder and clean out the "helicopter seeds" that continue to drop from the trees. It's an annoying ritual we practice every year around this time! Those dang seeds!

After watching this news video, we have nothing to complain about. My heart goes out to this community dealing with the aftermath of a tornado. This happened a little more than an hour from where I live.
Did I mention I hate storms? Yeah, that.

http://www.kare11.com/weather/sheriff-a-miracle-tornado-was-not-more-deadly/440472721

No comments:

Post a Comment