Thursday, August 3, 2017

Kindness

When was the last time someone did something nice for you and they expected nothing in return?

Better yet, when was the last time YOU did that for someone else?

Yesterday I was here.
My weekly workout on the steps.
As I lumbered up and down, I totally was taken off guard by this little miss.
A little angel named Flora who appeared on the steps and asked me,  "Would you like a flower?" And then as quickly as she appeared, she was gone.  Ambling down the steps, Flora was off  to brighten someone else's day by merely giving away a bit of her kindness to a stranger.
I was so taken back. So were other recipients.

I actually heard someone say, "Why are you doing this?"

I watched as she shrugged her shoulders. "Because."

Just because. That's why. Because the world needs more angels like Flora. Needing nothing in return, her soul was filled just because it is better to give than to receive.

I'm writing this moment in my journal. I never want to forget this lovely little moment when I met Flora, if only for a twinkle in time.




No comments:

Post a Comment