Thursday, August 24, 2017

Why?

Still can't wrap my brain around why anyone would want to hurt another human being. It is beyond my comprehension.

I can't stop thinking about Spain. I ache for the families of those killed and for the many others who have been injured. It's all so senseless. There are no words.

I've had the privilege of traveling to Spain. I have dear friends who live there. It is a country filled with passion for people and culture and incredible scenery and music and food and and...I'll show you!
I loved the warm sun. I was in my glory.
BEST almonds you will EVER have. Guaranteed.
Shelter from the sun. I just loved walking around, soaking in the culture and saying hello to all these happy people. No, I didn't know the language, but smiles are really all you need.
I was fascinated with the flowers and the windows...I took pictures of everything!
Very popular restaurant. El Pimpi. The food... AMAZING! Eggplant was marvelous.
My dear friend Paula. It's just so great to know I have a friend in Spain and I can get on a plane and there she is! I'm telling you, people. There is a wonderful world out there. It's all just a plane ride away.

Don't let these horrific acts of violence paralyze you with fear. I'm preaching to myself here too.  I'm learning all of life is a risk. Most things are worth it!  Travel is one of them.  No one can ever take a memory from you. They last forever.

I love you Spain.  


No comments:

Post a Comment