Monday, May 6, 2019

The journey continues

While touring the Lacock Abbey, I came across this old typewriter. 
Both the typewriter and the note intrigued me. This is where I got the idea for the story I have been working on. It's a great story. Just saying.

I'm a bit weepy. I just found out I didn't final in a writing contest.

It stings. A lot.
This writing journey has many twists and turns.
It's hard. Who knows where it will lead. I wish I knew.
Sometimes I just want to quit. It would be very easy. Too easy. 

I've recently read about a best-selling author.  Rachel Held Evans. She went in to hospital a few weeks ago with flu-like symptoms. I haven't read her work, but the fact that she was 37 years old kept me reading her health updates.

I was saddened to hear she has since passed away.     

It's still a bit murky as to her cause of death.  She went in to hospital with flu-like symptoms, and now she is gone. She leaves a husband and two very young children to mourn her.

Her husband wrote, "Rachel's presence in this world was a gift to us all and her work will long survive her." 

Did you get that? "Her work will long survive her."

What a gift. Her children are so young now, but they have their mother's words. Forever. In book form.
I guess that's why I write. For future generations. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment