Thursday, March 26, 2020

Always on my mind

Have you been to Italy?
I'm so grateful we were able to go.
My heart is with the Italians. Such heartache this virus has brought all over the world.

I spent some time today looking through our holiday photos.
This one was of our first night in Rome. Many things happened that weren't so good...our taxi driver jilted us out of 50 euros, we lost our luggage...but so many wonderful things went right.

Rome was out our hotel window. We weren't going to let a few setbacks stop us. I'm so glad because we met these boys that first night. Lovely lads from Ireland. We laughed and shared our first bites of gelato together.
A serendipitous moment to be sure.

Here are a few more enchanting moments I never want to forget.

Did you know the Vatican has its own post office? I got to mail some letters from Rome!
The Spanish Steps. It's a great place to take in all the senses. Listening to all the languages speaking in one spot was my favorite part.
The dream of having a Mini actually started in England, but it gained momentum while on holiday in Italy.
What's that song? A dream is a dream you wish for...  
Keep dreaming because sometimes they do come true.
I now own a Mini.

Nothing like journal time in St Peter's Square.
I marveled at the green shutters.
Flowers spilled out of every nook and cranny. It was all so charming.
Sometimes I just plopped my butt wherever I stood and oohed and awed at the wonder of it all.

I love you Italy.




No comments:

Post a Comment