Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Narnia

No, the date on my camera is not wrong.  It is indeed April 23.
I woke this morning to this!  At first I thought, "you have got to be kidding me!"
But as I looked out the window and saw lots of birds feasting on our feeders, I was immediately in wonder.  The beauty of all this white stuff this late in the season captivated me.  I slipped on my boots ( perhaps for the last time this season? ) and tromped through the drifts and the piles the snow had made throughout the night.
The tree limbs were hovering close to the ground, the weight of the snow testing their will.
At some places in the yard, the snow was deep enough to make its way inside my boots!
Eat your heart out West Coast!  You have the sand, and we've got the snow!
  
Throughout the morning I could hear icicles dripping,  no match for the sun's rays beaming in on them, as if to say, "Jack Frost your time to leave has come."
The weatherman states 60s for the weekend.  I'll believe it when I see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment