Thursday, May 29, 2014

In a hurry

Apparently, I am not the first one to have done this. 
Whew!  It makes me feel a little better.

Yesterday I was in a hurry!

Placing my lunch on the roof of my car, I stockpiled the passenger seat  with my purse and  my stack  of books that  I bring to work each day.  I read on my lunch break.   Never knowing if I'll be in the mood for a devotional, have an epiphany to write in my journal, or get lost in the imaginary world of fiction,  I pretty much bring it all! 
My family likes to comment on the "bookstore" in my car.  I'm a library on the move! 

Slamming the car  door shut, I headed back into my kitchen and grabbed my breakfast.  One would think that because I had food in my hands, I would remember the food on top of my car!   Nope.  Not me.  I headed straight for the drivers seat and pulled out of my garage.  Thinking back on it, I had a can of diet pepsi in the bag.  You'd think it would have rolled right down my windshield!   My lunch wasn't missing this ride.  It had a front row seat!
Cruising down my county road, I remember thinking "Wow, I have some really great neighbors. They're all waving at me as I pass by."   I had my music on and waved at them too!
Oblivious to the unfastened freight on top of my vehicle, I kept on driving...all the way to work! 
I pulled in to the parking lot and started gathering all my stuff.  I soon wondered, Where's my lunch?
Jumping out of my car, I quickly  realized why the waves and pointing...because I'M NOT VERY BRIGHT!
And no, the lunch didn't make it to work! 
It made for some great conversation throughout my day with patients.  (I work in a dental office.)
So funny! 

So, tell the truth...have you ever done that before?  What's your story? 

No comments:

Post a Comment