Thursday, August 14, 2014

Life lived simply

Lately, I've been writing down one thing every day that I am grateful for. 
It really helps to put life in perspective. 

Some things on my list:

1.  Scaling the steps in Stillwater.  I can climb.  I have legs that help me move.
2.  About a week ago, I attended my uncle's funeral.  I get it.  Life is brief.   
3.  My daughter made us an AWESOME dinner.  I did not have to cook!
4.  I saw an eagle soar and a butterfly flit past me both on the same walk. 
5.  I got to spend 3 hours in the car one day this week with my daughter.  We talked the whole time.   I learned more about her dreams.  It was priceless. 
6.  I am getting to know some really great writers.  I am so blessed. 
7.  An 85 year old woman tightly gripped my hand as I walked with her.  She says I helped her.  The truth is, she helped me.  Her laugh continues to make me smile, and I still feel her touch.  I think she is an angel. 
8.     Blueberries.  I love them.  I eat them by the handfuls.  At least a cupful has been part of my breakfast each day this week. 
9.  I wrote a few handwritten letters this week. 
10.  At present, I am reading 6 different books!  You can never have enough books to read!

So, what is on your list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment