Monday, August 29, 2016

A forever fan

Wednesday will mark nineteen years since the death of Princess Diana. 19 years.

She continues to enthrall me.  There is just something about her that I will never forget. I wonder if it's the wedding of the century that I made sure I woke up and watched all those years ago. I believe in fairy tales. I wanted hers to last.
She was beautiful. I loved her hair and have tried to emulate it many times. I have to say there have been strangers who have walked up to me and told me I resemble her when my hair is styled just the right way!  I remember one guy who flattered me in the Noodles and Company restaurant! Made my whole day! Okay--I still am remembering it like it was yesterday, so maybe he made my whole year!
I loved walking through the Kensington Palace gardens. Such a treat. The flowers were especially marvelous while I was there. I like to think they did it all for me! HA!
I am forever grateful I was given the rare opportunity to visit Althorp, Princess Diana's childhood home. It means so much more to me now, knowing the museum showing the life of the princess is no longer available.
 The site where she is buried on a private lake at Althorp. I do believe she is now at peace.
I loved the wide spaces on the property. I imagined her running and playing as a child.
This photo near the entrance at Althorp just makes me happy. It is classic England. An old building and flowers. I want to go back.

I know Diana would continue to top the charts with her style. She was a fashion icon.
This recent article says so!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3760631/Princess-Diana-named-biggest-style-inspiration-time.html

Would she have married Dodi Fayed?

William and Harry have done well. Diana would be proud. Many children have thrived after the death of their mothers, and these two are no exception. William married his love, and they have two adorable babies.

I hope to hear soon that Harry finds his true love. I remember that little boy, head drooped as he walked behind his mum's casket. How difficult that must have been to keep calm while grieving so deeply.

Life moves forward as it should. But, Wednesday I will pause and read all my magazines and articles I saved from those dark days so long ago. She continues to be part of why I love England so much. England's rose. That's who she was. May she forever rest in peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment