Monday, March 20, 2017

Boost

Isn't it encouraging when out of the blue, someone sends you a boost you didn't expect?

It happened to me this weekend...TWICE in one day!  First, a cute little notebook tucked in a bubble wrapped envelope waiting in my mailbox. I was so excited to open it. Mostly because a return address wasn't on the outside. Who's it from? Who's it from? I ripped it open as fast as I could.  I teared up. Her. A dear friend who moved away. Across the country. She saw this traveler's notebook with London sprinkled on it and thought of me. SIGH! I miss her.

And then the same afternoon,  a lovely note tucked in the screen of my front door.   They say (whoever "they" are) if you have one friend you are blessed. If you have two, you are rich. I am wealthy in friendships. What peace to know such joy.

It's the first day of spring. Enjoy today.  


2 comments:

  1. I think it's because you are s blessing to so many! I always enjoy your cheerful letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh...thanks Terri! You are such an encouragement to me. Have a lovely day.

      Delete