Thursday, March 2, 2017

Little things

Sometimes it's about the little things in life.

Have you ever heard of spiral coil binding?
It looks like this...

 When purchasing my journals, I only choose this binding. It is so difficult to write in a journal if the spine doesn't lay flat.

It never dawned on me that just maybe having a book bound with spirals was a possibility.  Who knew!

It's true! The other day I went to FedEx Office and plopped down three books. I proceeded to ask the associate if  I could get them coil bound.  She shook her head and smiled as I admitted I'd never heard of this before. She was gracious and proceeded to tell me how she hears this literally "all the time."

The old adage is true.  We really do learn something new every day!

Of course, one can't bind every single book you own. But, there are a few that are so much easier to read if they're lying flat. Like a cookbook, for instance. Just try to cook and look at the recipe while the book turns pages on its own!
Sometimes I'll place my elbow on the book to keep my place. In one fell swoop, the book snaps shut. UGH! I hate that!

Coil binding. It's the little things.





   

No comments:

Post a Comment