Monday, December 11, 2017

Unexpected Wonder

Last night I was privileged once again to spend time with my writer friends.
We enjoyed a Christmas gathering. 

We ate and laughed and played a game.
Each of us brought a wrapped book. One by one we rolled the dice anticipating a double so we could steal a wanted book from each other.  Much laughter ensued. I knew it would be a fun night.

One thing I didn't expect...
A tea towel stitched with Elizabeth and Mr Darcy! My friend Julie made it for me.
She MADE it. I love receiving a gift that is handmade. I realize the time involved in making such a gift and moreover, I am astounded Julie took the time out of her busy life to make it for me.

I love it. Thank you so much, Julie. What a treasure your friendship means to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment