Monday, March 10, 2014

Laura Childs

Tea cup mysteries.  That is what she writes. 

Reading the paper, the article grabbed my attention.  In the LIFE section, there was a picture of an author with a pile of books and she was shown drinking a cup of tea. 
I was hooked. 
As I read, I realized this author's works are advertised in Tea Time magazine.  Each time I receive this magazine in the mail, I drop everything and start paging through it.  Photos of delicate tea cups and afternoon tea recipes puts me in my happy place.  Thoughts of England! 

The article was well written with pictures of her and her husband.  I learned her real name is Gerry Schmitt.  She writes as Laura Childs. 
The mysteries take place in Charleston, South Carolina in a place called Indigo Tea Shop. 
She has written many books with titles as clever as:  Oolong Dead, Agony of the Leaves, Sweet Tea Revenge to name a few. 
I had to meet her.  I put the date on my calendar, and Saturday we were off. 
What a delightful lady.  We had a wonderful conversation about writing.  She gave me great advice.  "It takes great discipline to sit in the chair and write."  Yep.  It sure does. 
I bought her latest book, Steeped In Evil, and she signed it for me.  We talked about tea and I told her how much I love to drink it!  How appropriate for her to sign my book the way she did! 
An added bonus...there are recipes in the books she writes.  Recipes for scones, tea sandwiches, tea.  Also, ideas for tea parties. 
I am looking forward to reading her works. 
To learn more about this author, go to www.laurachilds.com.
Once there, click on tea resources. 
There is so much information about tea on that page.  You will get lost for hours. 
Happy tea drinking. 
   


   

No comments:

Post a Comment