Monday, August 3, 2015

Summer reading

mum
chap
"always good for a squeal"
"turns away like a baby refusing its spoon of stewed carrot"
on holiday
Waldorf Astoria
Trapp family lodge
Discover New England
double decker red bus

The greatest joy in reading is going places you have never been.  
 I am calling this book research!   I first saw this advertised in one of my tea magazines.  I made the trip to the nearest Barnes and Noble and  found it right away.  (last one on the shelf!  Whew!  When you want a book, its hard to wait if it needs to be ordered. )  This book has opened my eyes to more ideas for a book that I am in process writing.  The book is underlined, circled, and starred so that I can refer back whenever I need a light bulb moment.  Its a book about tea, and mother/daughter relationships, and cupcakes!  Oh the details about the sweets in this book.  Wait until you meet Gracie and the red decker bus!
I wanted the adventure to last, but it was so good, I read it easily in two evenings.
If you are looking for a bit of England, tea, and that complicated relationship between a mother and her daughter, this just might be what you are looking for!

I hope the summer is finding you reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment