Thursday, January 25, 2018

Next Chapter

Justin Timberlake shares my birthday. So does my favorite Aunt, Lil.

I won't see my aunt (SIGH) and the likelihood of meeting Justin has slightly better odds now that he is half time entertainment at the Superbowl! The game is nearly in my backyard. Who knows...maybe I'll run into him at a restaurant! I'm not holding my breath! Besides, I'd rather meet an author. Sorry, Justin.

This is me three years ago on my birthday indulging in mint chocolate chip ice cream. Time really does fly. 

My hair is still short and stylish, sans a few gray hairs that I pay big money to conceal!
I may or may not be a few pounds heavier. I threw away my scale. But, my favorite pair of jeans still zip!

In just a few days, my 40s chapter will end. A new era begins. I still don't know how to feel about that yet. I've got a few days to ponder.
Maybe I'm in denial, but I don't feel old.

A patient told me this week that "these next ten years are going to be the best years of your life."
I'm believing him, but I'm shooting for more than ten! 

It's exciting to anticipate the day. I love to take my birthday off.  I think everyone should. After all, it  is the day you took your first breath. That needs to be celebrated.

I have many things planned. No big party though. Nope. Not a partier.  I will quietly enjoy the day doing all the things I love.  It will be a day filled with joy.

I found this quote quite fitting...

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." 
                                            -Marcus Aurelius
Really. What else is there? Life. A precious gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment