Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I have much to reflect on and be grateful for today.  I think we all do.  Today is the day to soak all that in and just live in the moment.

My home is starting to smell of this holiday...yum!

Today is also the day a literary scholar...CS Lewis...passed away.  The exact day John F Kennedy died.  CS Lewis passed away quietly, as the world mourned a president.   I sit here, not really knowing what to think of that, except that CS Lewis left a legacy.
 He wrote over 50,000 letters in his lifetime, books that help us live our faith journeys with more wisdom, and a foundation in his name that brings together those who find themselves "home.".
I feel I am a better person having read his books, and although I love to write letters, I know I have not reached his total, but it is a good goal!

It makes me think today about the legacy that I will leave.

It is worth mentioning that while the world was mourning Princess Diana, another woman passed away quietly...Mother Theresa.

No comments:

Post a Comment