Thursday, April 21, 2016

Holiday in my yard!

It pays to walk around the yard every once in awhile. If I hadn't, I would have missed out on this...
Can you spot the cute little creature?
Our own Peter Rabbit! Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cotton-tail were nowhere in sight.  Probably being good little bunnies, staying where mommy rabbit told them to. Unfortunately for Peter, we don't have a garden like Mr. McGregor.  No radishes, beans, or lettuce for him.
  I much prefer to grow flowers. Daffodils are one of my favorites. Know why? Because they look like little cups and saucers. A natural tea party!
One whiff of these, and poof! Winter is over. Spring is up your nose! Don't you just love the smell of hyacinths? I spent some time on my knees breathing in their delightful scent. Oh how I love my sense of smell.
Buds!
Soon my crab apple tree will blossom. The smell permeates my front yard.

Remember my red telephone booth? The little library hubby and dear friend John made for me?
 Yep--that one there.
It's EMPTY!
This past weekend, I cleaned it out from winter wear and tear!  I had a few books in there. Sometime during the past few days, they disappeared! Yay!  Don't worry. I have a pile ready to put back in.

I love my little library so much. So happy others do too!

Have you walked around your yard lately? Found anything interesting?


No comments:

Post a Comment