Monday, April 25, 2016

Kent


In a few short weeks, I fly across the pond. My feet will step off the plane and without having to click my heels three times, I am in my happy place!  One moment I'm boarding a plane in the mid west of America, and some eight hours later---poof!! I'm in a fairy tale!  That fascinates me. This trip includes many days in Spain. I have never been.  I am so fortunate to soon be able to view Malaga through the eyes of some very special locals!  I'm beyond thrilled.

I'm devoting the next few posts to researching some of the sights I'll see while away.  Care to join me for this virtual tour?

Have your tea? Go ahead, steep a cup. I'll wait!

Ready?
Okay--Here we go!

The last time I traveled to England ("last time"---that means I've been before,  and therefore my  mind gets to travel down memory lane any time it wants.  Aaaaah---last time...) FOCUS, Gail!

We stayed with dear friends in Essex. Alan and Marion. This is a photo of a lane we walked in their neighborhood. English countryside at its best.  We get to do that again this time too, except not in Essex. They moved. To Kent. Kent. The most beautiful gardens in all of England happen to grow in Kent!
http://www.visitkent.co.uk/
I have lots of daffodils growing in my gardens here in the states. A little taste of things to come.
What fun awaits  as I ponder what their new home looks like, and the roads we get to amble.  Perhaps my running will be going well by then, and I will be able to say I ran in Kent!

No comments:

Post a Comment