Thursday, August 18, 2016

"Let them eat cake!"

Supposedly, Marie Antoinette once declared these words. However, it seems there is no record of her ever saying them.

No bother! I will shout it out loud because last night, I had cake. The very best kind you could ever have. Yvonne's cake! Eaten without a smidgen of guilt. Nope. Not one bit.
 Here I am with my dear friend Paula. Yep. My friend from Spain. She leaves on a jet plane today.  I'm in denial.  When you don't want to say goodbye--eat cake! It helps. Just a little.
Here's a cake Yvonne made for my son. Yep. It's pretty cool.  I know, right!  Yes, that is a salmon and yes, she sculpted it with her own crafty bare hands.  The cake is a masterpiece, but I'm telling you...the inside is THE BEST!. Cake Boss---eat your heart out!
AND, here's a cake she made for my daughter! (That's Yvonne in the background!) Pretty fabulous cake too, isn't it! Again...the INSIDE! YUM!  This depicts my daughter perfectly! She loves Vegas!   Yvonne is like these cakes. She looks GREAT on the outside, but aaaahhh...the inside. Her heart beats life. She is joy and gladness and kindness. All that is good.  
Yvonne is the "hostess with the mostess!"
These photos reflect our feast last evening. I'm so lucky!
I'm stalling.
I just don't want to say goodbye. SIGH. These two are among the nicest people in the world. I have the most wonderful memories of my trip to Spain. All because of them. Paula and Antonio. Generous and friendly and kind and funny and and ....I'm sad today.  

I wish we had more time together. I hate goodbyes. Knowing I can "talk" to them anytime I want on Facebook makes it a wee bit easier. Just a bit though. I'd rather see them in person.

I will again sometime soon.

Until then, cheers to you both. I already miss you. All my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment