Monday, November 18, 2013

Jane Austen fan

Pride and Prejudice.  Just the name makes me smile.  The era, England, tea, Mr. Darcy.  A true literary classic.  One of my favorite stories.  

Just  imagine Jane writing at her desk with a  quill pen and ink.  Such patience she must have had.  Ink blobs on the page, smearing her classic words.  I get frustrated when I lose a page,  because I keep forgetting to save my work as I type along on the keys of my computer.  The hours she must have spent penning Sense and Sensibility and Emma.  A literary genius indeed. 

I happened to see this video about Jane Austen fans and found it really neat!  Maybe because a writer friend is in it!  Julie is a historical romance author.  A very gifted writer. She is also so very kind and extremely humble.  Julie is in a pink gown toward the end of the video.   Enjoy.
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/mr-darcy-jane-austen-super-fans-20897217

Julie's website:
www.julieklassen.com
Julie has a new book launch  on December 12 at 7:00p.m.    If you are in the Twin Cities area, she will be signing books at the Har Mar Mall Barnes and Noble in Roseville MN. 

Which Jane Austen book is your favorite?
 






2 comments:

  1. What fun to know and involve Julie--absolutely perfect. Keep up the great blogs (so early in the morning).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Delores. What fun to know you too!
    I cheat actually...I am admitting that! I try to write them the night before and just push "post" in the morning! The secret is out!!
    I sure am loving this writing journey. So thankful to walk the path with you and the others.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete