Thursday, May 12, 2016

A really great kid

What is on your TBR pile? (To Be Read,  just in case you didn't know that acronym)

Mine?

Fly A Little Higher by Laura Sobiech

I would have shown you a picture of the front cover, but I couldn't get my camera to work. Shoot.  It's a great cover. A photo of a boy and his guitar.

Who is the boy?
Answer:  Zach Sobiech.

Need a good story? Google him.  You'll find lots of encouragement.  His mom wrote the book.  I think I'm drawn to this particular story because his family lives relatively close to where I do.

May 03, 1995-May 20, 2013

There's a dash between those dates. I never had the privilege of meeting this boy. I wish I had. He did a lot between the dash.

I'm on Chapter Six. I'm quickly writing this blog so I can get back to the pages!

Zach got diagnosed with cancer when he was 14. Osteosarcoma. He didn't let it define him. This story is "about a boy who learned to live while dying....."

He wrote a song after his diagnosis. It went on to top the billboard charts. "Clouds" is the title.

I encourage you to get the book, listen to the song, google Zach, and view the videos about his story.

It will make you cry, make you want to live large, and hopefully, help you to  "Fly A Little Higher."

No comments:

Post a Comment