Monday, May 30, 2016

Thank you

The only thing English about my post today is this author.
Today in America it's Memorial Day. A day we pay tribute to those who died for our freedom.

I can't  help but think of the deep grief family members have suffered, and continue to do so.
Oh, the pain and agony of loss.

C.S.Lewis penned his own grief throughout the pages of this journal. I'm thinking many can relate to his ache.

"No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear. I am not afraid, but the sensation is like being afraid...At other times it feels like being mildly drunk, or concussed. There is a sort of invisible blanket between the world and me...And no one ever told me about the laziness of grief...I loathe the slightest effort..."

Today especially,  I will remember the cost. Thank you for serving for me so I can roam about freely. I will try my best to make my life worthy of your sacrifice.

Just one of the many heroes who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm4rikbtxJo

2 comments:

  1. Such a sad reminder, but so true. Thank you for remembering all those who gave their lives to protect our freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear friend! I have the utmost respect for our military. They are my heroes. I was just thinking this morning about our "holiday" yesterday. I thought of those in harms way all day. I was in boat enjoying the beautiful weather and breathed in the warm air. I looked to the skies and whispered a thank you. Life. It's such a gift. I hope you are great, Terri. Wish we lived closer! Hugs....

    ReplyDelete