Monday, October 8, 2018

Detour

For the life of me, I can't remember what was said when I snapped this photo, but it begs the question, don't you think? That look on hubby and Debbie (our guide) faces says a lot.  Something like, "Wait, what? Did you really say that?" It certainly could not have been anything I said-wink wink!

Onward!

I was going to bring you straight to Highclere Castle, but alas, there is a stop along the way that I had forgot about. Gasp! I know, I know. How could I forget this place.

Where, you ask?
Well, here's a hint. Can you say elopement?

Here's another hint.
Give up?
This is the Swan Inn.
Series 2.
Lady Sybil and Branson stayed here while planning their elopement. SIGH!

We were able to walk around a bit. Typical English village. Idyllic. Beautiful. I could live here.
Photo op with hubby at stone bridge.
It looked like it might rain on our parade, but it never did.
Can you read the sign? Twenty's plenty!
Could it be that sign was referring to the amount of photos I was taking?!  Nah!!
There are footpaths all over England.
They are public so you can walk wherever you want. I really wanted to see where this led, but the rest of the group voted against me. Shoot!
It never gets old ambling through English villages.
You come across such simple pleasures. Amazing isn't it?! How did those flowers pull themselves through this bench? I just thought it was kind of neat.

Where to next?
Stay tuned.


  




  

No comments:

Post a Comment