Monday, November 12, 2012

Risk:   To take the chance of.
This would be Webster's definition.

Mine would be described more as...impractical or foolish.
Otherwise known as CRAZY.
But here I am...BLOGGING.

I was given some advice  this past weekend about writing.  Quite simply said..blogging is key.

I spent the weekend at a CS Lewis retreat .  I learned much about this exemplary man of God.  Even more about myself.  
When i first arrived, I started to realize the intellect that was there.  Sweat seemed to start exuding from every pore in my body.  I ran back to my room, and decided it was better to stay  confined to the safety of my room, concealing myself  from those who surely would wonder why I bothered to come.
I journaled of all the reasons why I should leave immediately.  Screwtape was meddling.  I decided this was doing me no good, and decided to be courageous.  I really did not want to do it but strangely thought of Dory in the movie Finding Nemo..."just keep swimming swimming."
Yep, I was with the big sharks now!

I walked down the sidewalk and saw someone taking a picture.  Ok, safe.  I 'll say hello. She was so pleasant.  We walked in together and I met many others...the list grew all weekend.  These CS Lewis fans became fast and close friends.








No comments:

Post a Comment