Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A new baby

My friend just had a new baby.
I can't wait to hold him.  His name is Max.
Just the scent of a new baby brings me back to my baby days.

One gift I always give for new moms is the book Love You Forever by Robert Munsch.
It really impresses me that this author, a male, gets being a mommy!

The saying over and over in the book is so "mommylike."

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be."

My favorite part of the book is when she goes into the room of her child, who is sleeping soundly, and picks him up and rocks him back and forth.
That was me!  Guilty.  I did that more times than I would care to admit!
Now that my "babies" are older, I am so thankful I did that!  Drives the kids nuts now when I say I did that!  Their mother must be crazy.
Yes crazy, crazy about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment