Thursday, January 30, 2014

Patience

My drive home tonight was so much easier than going in. 
We woke to snow falling AGAIN!

No time to shovel.  Just get on the road.  So I gave my car some gas, and plowed my way out of the driveway!
It was a slow commute.  What usually takes about 35 minutes, turned in to 2 hours and 15 minutes!  I made my way on to the interstate and kept both hands on the wheel. 
I was doing about  35 miles an hour.  Not bad for these conditions.  None the less, it must have been slow because others were passing me!  Never mind them...I just kept my head forward and kept my distance.  Not soon after, I saw one of those cars in the ditch.  Bummer.  I kept my speed slow the whole way! 
Soon, my windshield wiper wasn't wiping any more!  I was off the interstate by then, and had to pull over and wipe the ice that had built up.
I thought I would never get to work! 
Tales were told all day of seeing accidents and driving slow.

Another day living in the tundra!  Call me crazy, but I still love it.  As long as no one gets hurt, its all good.  This snow will be perfect to go snowshoeing.  Where else can you build a snowman, cross country ski, downhill ski, snowmobile, plow your driveway with a 4wheeler, have fun getting all the snow out of your tire flaps.  I love that.  Nothing like chipping away at those "snow bunnies" and it falls in one big chunk! 
We get to wear funny hats and mittens.  I usually go through a couple pairs...I somehow manage to lose one of them with ease!

And the best thing is....the BUGS DIE!  Too cold for them!  No mosquitoes.  Gotta love that! 

 
  

1 comment:

  1. Gail, I hope you enjoyed a wonderful birthday celebration, despite the cold and snow!

    ReplyDelete